The Trust took over the management of the Park on the 15th September 2023, running it in the interests of the community. Here, we set out our vision, mission and values.
Download a full copy of Connections: a strategy for Crystal Palace Park, 2022–24
(This is the Introduction and Foreword to our interim strategy document Connections: a strategy for Crystal Palace Park, 2022–24. Please download the full document to read it in full.)
Crystal Palace Park Trust
To make Crystal Palace Park an outstanding modern park for London, while retelling the history of the Park for the nation.
To protect, manage and improve Crystal Palace Park as a green, historic, ecological, recreational, sporting, cultural and educational resource in the interests of the community and other park users.
ENGAGE: through communication and involvement with the local community.
EXPLORE: seek new and innovative ways of gaining support from stakeholders and partners in developing a sustainable future for the park.
ENHANCE: by supporting community groups and volunteers working in the interests of the park and the Trust’s aim and objectives.
EDUCATE: to build a shared knowledge and interest in the Park’s history and ecology and to provide educational opportunities.
Principles and ways of working
Our principles are:
- Welcoming for all. Provide infrastructure, activities and events in the park that are safe, accessible and inclusive, and are available to all its users regardless of age, gender ethnicity, belief or physical ability.
- Conservation. Protect, conserve, enhance and adapt the historic and natural environment of the Park. Restore, renew and enhance the historic structures, monuments and landscapes in keeping with Paxton’s original vision.
- Environment. Promote biodiversity and nature conservation, develop a climate-change resilient environment, reduce and mitigate its carbon footprint, and enhance its open and green spaces.
- Educate: Make the park a place for learning. Support the regeneration restoration of the park as a resource for discovery, interpretation and educational opportunities, including local museums and other institutions. Support skills and economic development.
- Create a Place for Recreation & Enjoyment. Coordinate the development and management of events and activities within the park, and its cultural, sporting, play and leisure facilities and spaces for informal uses of the park.